Rules and Policies
All comments are moderated.
Rules of Conduct
- Keep it Clean. Please avoid offensive, obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
- Don’t Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
- Please do not use caps lock unless extremely necessary. In other words, use your inside computer voice.
- Be Truthful. Don’t knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
- Be Nice. No -isms that can degrade another person.
- Be Proactive. Please ‘Report’ any abusive posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share with Us. We’d love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article, tips on other articles, updated information, your thoughts, ideas, etc.
Use appropriate language at all times. Stay relevant to topics. This site is peer-to-peer no advertising or soliciting. If you have a website you believe is relevant to the topic please post it otherwise don’t even try it will be removed. Please keep in mind that this is a public space and do not provide personal information for your own safety.
Policy of Conduct
- Please treat all other online participants with respect and do not use this site to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others (in other words keep your disparaging remarks to yourself).
- Impersonating other individuals is forbidden.
- Do not use this site to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post. Spamming and scrolling are serious violations of online etiquette.
- This site does not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. You may not use this site to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or discussion. This includes, but is not limited to, software piracy, and harassment.
- You may not use this site for the purpose of linking to external sites (that are irrelevant) this violates the rules of conduct.
- Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user’s computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites.
- In addition to upholding the rules of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating on this site. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post.
- This site reserves the right to ban any participant for violating any of the rules.
- This site reserves the right to edit comments in the following ways: Remove vulgarities or offensive language, while maintaining the integrity of the opinion expressed. If this is not possible the comment will not be allowed.
- This site also reserves the right to amend or change the Rules of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
- This site cautions you against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as social security number, credit card number, name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, password, etc.) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on the Internet.
(This site refers to this site and any of its affiliates.)
[UPDATED: Feb. 26, 2013.]